Translate

Monday 8 September 2014

The hand of Fate

I was going to call this image 'Love hurts' but because it was part of a body of work I was doing for college I needed a more meaningful title so i called it 'The hand of fate'. This is another photo from my collection "The veil that hides the future from us is woven by the Angel of Mercy".
The idea behind it is, The veil hides the knowledge of what the future holds. In this image one hand is holding the heart while the other hand is digging it's fingers into it. It's a love/ hate sort of image.
When we love someone we give them the power to cherish our heart or to tear it apart.

Don't worry no human was injured in the making of this photograph. At least I don't think so. I bought it in the market in Cork and was told it was a sheep's heart.

Himself got the unsavoury job of holding the heart. I wanted him to really dig his fingers hard into the heart and he wasn't very good at that, a good sign i suppose. However I think the finished image does portray what i was looking for.



Camera settings, Camera used Canon 70D, lens used Canon 50mm prime lens, exp 1/8000sec, f1.8, ISO 100

No comments:

Post a Comment