Translate

Friday 11 July 2014

Back to the tree man

Back to the tree man.

The good thing about writing a blog and one of the reasons I started to write one is that i have to get out and about with the camera and get new material.
This is the same tree i wrote about in my second post. I went back to the Graveyard at 8.30pm alone to see how he was doing. He's surviving as you can see and he's got a fine head full of greenery. I didn't hang around too long, it was getting late and a bit too lonely even for me.


Camera Settings
Lens Tamron 10 - 24mm @ 10mm Exposure 1/80sec, f9, ISO 100. using tripod

I love Black and White, especially when I'm photographing old ruins. It works well with portraits of older people too.


This old ruin is on Connolly's point in Mullinasole, Co. Donegal, my mother's homeplace. Her father was reared on this point. I think this was an outhouse on their property.

Camera settings
Lens 10 - 24mm @ 13mm. Exposure 1/125 sec, f8, ISO 100

Both of these images were taken in Camera Raw. I always play around with clarity and lifting shadows. I also sharpen a little and adjust lens distortion unless i want to keep the distorted effect of the wide angle lens. I convert it to black and white last and play around with the colour sliders until i'm happy with the effect. e.g. moving the blue slider to the darker side darkens the sky giving a dramatic effect.



This is the same image in colour.



No comments:

Post a Comment