Translate

Sunday 20 July 2014

The Lusitania Graveyard Cobh

I took my brother in law John to do his shopping this morning and rather than wait in the hot car or traipse around the shop after him I wandered off with my camera to the Old Graveyard in Cobh.
I have a strange obsession with these places as i've said before. It's not an obsession with death and dying rather a love of peaceful, lonely space, strength in stone, ancient statues and crosses and overgrowth and of course the history. I also love the trees and wild flowers that take over when there's no one left to tend the graves.



Camera Settings, lens used Tamron 10-24mm@10mm Exposure 1/100 sec, f7.1, ISO 100



This is a HDR image of the Grave of the Officers and men of the tragic gun accident on board the Ship HM Mars on 14th April 1902 off the South West coast of Ireland

Camera Settings, Lens used Tamron 10-24mm @10mm
3 images were used  1 exposure 1/125sec, f13, ISO 100
                                 2 exposure 1/640sec, f13, ISO 100
                                 3 exposure 1/60  sec, f13, ISO 100

I merged the 3 images and changed image to Black and White.


There are 3 of these beautiful stones marking the graves of the Lusitania victims.

Camera Settings, Lens used Tamron 10-24mm, exposure 1/160sec, f7.1. ISO 100


No comments:

Post a Comment