Translate

Friday 18 July 2014

Excuses

Excuses
We've had a bit of  hectic week here hence the reason for neglecting my blog. We were searching for a missing dog for 3 days. My brother John was looking after him for his ex-wife and kids and he escaped. Thank God there was a happy ending. Thanks to Social media, he was spotted and eventually found.

As I have no new material to show you I'm going to post some of my photos from the body of work I produced for my last College course. I showed you the first 1 in a previous post. The body of work is called "The veil that hides the future from us is woven by the angel of mercy".

This image is called 'Mourning and weeping"


Technically this isn't a great photo as the eyes aren't pin sharp but that's the beauty about conceptual or contemporary photography. Anything goes as long as it has a message  or meaning. The dullness in the eyes adds to the sorrowful look i was going for.

Camera settings, exposure 1/125sec, f5.6, ISO 100 Off camera flash was used

This image was changed to black and white using layers in photoshop and a mask used to uncover the red colour of the lips. Youtube is a great source for tutorials on this and anything else for that matter.

Next image, called "The Valley of Tears"

I used this image in my first post. When i started working on this body of work I wasn't sure where it was going. I was amazed at how much of my Catholic upbringing came out in the images. "Mourning and Weeping in the Valley of Tears" were words from a prayer 'The Hail Holy Queen' that my mother recited every evening to finish off the Rosary. It's engrained in my memory.


Camera settings, 1/15sec, f25, ISO 125

The last one I'm going to show you today is called "Shattered Dreams"

 

Camera Settings, 1/8000, f20, ISO 100

It's up to the beholder to take what they want from these images, it was a very personal journey for me but when you are looking at them keep the theme in mind. "The veil that hides the future from us is woven by the angel of mercy".

No comments:

Post a Comment