Translate

Monday 7 July 2014

Welcome to my blog

To whom it may concern or to anyone who may be interested, I am an amateur photographer with a keen interest in Nature and Wildlife. I have dabbled a bit in portraiture and more recently in Contemporary photography which i find myself being drawn more and more into.

I called this Blog, 'Following the Light' because for one thing, without light there wouldn't be a photograph but mainly because of the effect that working with light has on my mojo. I can get so peed off on dark winter days when there's nothing but dark clouds and rain.

One really wet stormy day I set my camera up on the tripod inside my bedroom window and took photos at different stages during the day.


I called this image 'The Valley of Tears' I took this image using the Tamron 10 - 24mm wide angle lens at 21mm. 1/15sec, f25, ISO 125

A little bit about my credentials:

I have achieved a Distinction in Fetac Level 6 photography and would highly recommend the course to anyone who is serious about photography. To any beginner, i would recommend Fetac level 5 first.

In this blog i will share some of my photographs and the camera settings i used. I hope this will be helpful to anyone who like myself is trying to improve the quality of their photography. I use a Canon 70D which is a fabulous camera. I upgraded from a Canon 500D about 6months ago and there's no comparison. I don't have any amazing lenses yet. I use the standard Lens a lot, mine is 18 - 135mm which is a big improvement on the 18 - 55mm. I have a Canon 70 - 300mm 4-5.6 which is a lovely lens. I have a Canon 50mm, 1.8 prime lens which is very reasonably priced and is great for portraiture. I also have a Tamron 10 - 24mm 3.5 - 4.5 which gets very bad reviews but I'm quite happy with it.

Garden Birds


Little Sparrows, This Image was taken using the Canon 70 - 300mm lens.  1/1000 sec, f 5.6, ISO 320.

I shoot in Camera Raw as this gives me a lot of options in post processing. This won't make a bad image any better and it is a lot of work but i enjoy it.



This was taken with the same lens as above, at 1/1000 sec, f 5.6, ISO 400.




No comments:

Post a Comment