Translate

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Ruins and Graveyards

Incase it isn't obvious from my profile photo I love old graveyards and old ruins. Not so much for the Spiritual aspect of the places but I love that too. I love the feeling of peacefulness, the feeling of being alone with nature, at least i hope i'm alone. I haven't had a visitation yet so let's hope it stays that way.


I was actually blown away when i came across this tree growing out of an old grave in the Lusitania graveyard in Cobh. I imagined the dead body nourishing the ground that produced this tree ( I know, I have a strange mind) and admired the fight for survival. So much so that it had burst through the corner of the grave and blown the pillar sideways. It has obviously been chopped down several times  and still it is growing and reaching for the sky. It actually looks like a male torso in a strange sort of way.

Camera settings This image is a HDR image, this means that i have taken 3 images at different exposures and merged them together using software. I cheated though and just took 1 image then saved it at -1 exposure and at +1 exposure and merged the 3. settings were, speed 1/125sec, f7.1, ISO 100. I converted to Black and White after and played around with the colour sliders to give it the affect above.
Lens used Tamron 10-24 wide angle @10mm



I took this image using the Tamron 10 - 24mm @ 11mm also.  Speed 1/800sec, f4, ISO 100. I love the way it exaggerates what's closest to the lens and gives it a surreal feeling.


I have photographed this arch so many times that i feel i own a share in it. Unfortunately it's not going to be around for too long more, i noticed a fair bit of deterioration in the structure since i photographed it in the spring. I used the Tamron 10 - 24mm @ 12mm, 1/100sec, f16, ISO 100.

I find using manual focussing with this lens works better than auto focus.




No comments:

Post a Comment